The Art & the Moving Image initiative is a rare kind of investment in the Australian arts community and sits outside current funding models.
It reflects a commitment to support the practice evolving at the intersection of film, art and new media. There is no application process. The commissioned artists have found the time and support an invaluable space for their artistic practice. While the national partnership of galleries combined with a film festival provides significant professional bounty, profile, artistic challenge and acknowledgment.
Previously commissioned works have gone on to national and international acclaim.
The Art & The Moving Image has been supported by Carriageworks, the Anne and Gordon Samstag Museum of Art, University of South Australia and the University of Western Australia Cultural Precinct.
Previous Art & The Moving Image works include:
- DUALITY OF LIGHT – Lynette Wallworth (2009)
- REKINDLING VENUS: IN PLAIN SIGHT – Lynette Wallworth (2011)
- STRANDED – Warwick Thornton (2011)
- PAN NO. 11: CROSS PLATFORM TRANSFER – Daniel Crooks (2013)
- CHAR SOO – Hossein Valamanesh (2015)
- THE WAY OF THE NGANGKARI – Warwick Thornton (2015)
- COLLISIONS – Lynette Wallworth (2016)
- ALREADY ELSEWHERE – Geoff Cobham (2017)
- THE SUMMATION OF FORCE – Trent Parke & Narelle Autio (2017)
- THE WAITING ROOM – Molly Reynolds & Rolf de Heer (2018)
- HELLO DANKNESS – Soda_Jerk (Coming in 2022)
Image: The Way of the Ngangkari – Warwick Thornton (2015)