Stranger than fiction, documentaries have the power to not only reveal the world in front of us, but also to help shape and change it. The AFF Documentary Competition docs are inquisitive, fearless, and creative. The slate features a diverse range of filmmakers and subjects, all sure to excite and entertain.
Entrants in 2022 include:
Past winners of the AFF Documentary Award include:
- Firestarter – The Story of Bangarra, dir: Nel Minchin, Wayne Blair (Australia, 2020)
- Island of Hungry Ghosts, dir: Gabrielle Brady (Australia, UK, Germany, 2018)
- Taste of Cement, dir: Ziad Kalthoum (Germany, Syria Qatar, Lebanon, United Arab Emirates, 2017)
- Speed Sisters, dir: Amber Fares (USA/Palestine, 2015)
- Blush of Fruit, dir: Jakeb Anhvu (Australia/Vietnam, 2013)