Curate Your Own Festival: bringing mini-international film festivals to country towns.
Unique in Australia, Curate Your Own Festival (CYOF) builds screen culture in regional towns by developing local curatorial skills. Every festival, AFF invites four regional community and emerging curators to spend four days at the festival to select four films to take back to their town.
CYOF also develops local audiences and supports regional cinemas. It’s expected that local curators select films that speak to their community while giving local audiences and regional cinema’s access to a broader range of product.
This year, the regions holding a mini-festival are:
- Blyth @ the Blyth Cinema, 11-13 Nov
- Murray Bridge @ the Cameo Cinema, 18-20 Nov
- Victor Harbor @ Victa Cinema, 25 – 27 Nov
- Port Lincoln @ Lincoln Cinema, 2 – 4 Dec
The full program for each festival will be available on the AFF website in November 2022.
Applications to be part of the 2022 edition of Curate Your Own Festival are now open.
What AFF provides:
- Four days attendance at festival in Adelaide
- Festival tickets, travel, accommodation and a modest per diem
- Curatorial mentoring and advice
- Assistance to deliver screenings in your town
- Social media support and online targeting.
This project was assisted by the Australian Government through the Festivals Australia program, and the University of South Australia.
In Association With: