Adelaide Film Festival Youth is the State’s premier program to directly engage South Australian students with the creative industries as learners, makers, creators, and as engaged viewers.
AFF Youth is committed to engaging students with the creative industries with a strong emphasis on the screen-based sectors.
To help students, classes and teachers make the most of their engagement with AFF Youth, we provide Education Resources and Programs, developed by experienced teachers and industry.
Currently we have four main areas of resources:
- How to Make a Film – a five-part series on the key steps required to make a polished film including tips.
- Media and Screen Teachers’ Program – support for teachers to develop their industry knowledge and connections as well as enhance skills. Videos available from workshops.
- Education Resources – Films. A resource linked to the Australia Curriculum is produced for each feature film screening at AFF Youth.
- Research Projects – Film Festivals. These resources are for students wanting to understand the role of film festivals as part of a Research Project
You can read more about and access these resources below.
Film Education Resources
Film analysis resources have been developed for a number of the films featured in the 2021 AFF Youth screening program. Full of information and links to the Australian Curriculum and SACE, the activities within the resources are designed and developed to engage students in:
- Learning about and using knowledge, skills, processes and technologies to explore media arts practice and make media artworks that communicate ideas and intentions.
- Exploring, interpreting, analysing and responding to films they view at the Adelaide Film Festival Youth program.
- The Club of Ugly Children
- Raise The Bar
- Curtain Up!
- When Pomegranates Howl
- Perfect 10
- Our Lady of the Nile
- A School in Cerro Hueso
View and download the full suite of Film Education Resources
Media and Screen Teachers Online Workshops
This SOLD OUT one-day professional learning program was held Friday 12 February at the Adelaide Studios. See below for the day’s schedule as well as select filmed sessions, available to view for free.
Topics covered include:
- VFX Industry in SA
- The Games Sector in SA
+ many more
How to Make A Film Series
To assist students and teachers produce their own films, we have created a short online series on How To Make A Film.
Presented by Anthony and Leela, two award-winning SA filmmakers who will give tips on everything from scriptwriting to editing, to help you take your filmmaking to the next level.
Major Government Partner
With thanks to South Australian Film Corporation
Image reference: Down to Earth, 2020, Dir: Nick Crowhurst