- To present a festival which celebrates and explores contemporary Australian and international screen culture with a unique program of screenings and special events, which aim to increase audience knowledge and participation.
- To increase and stimulate innovative and new screen production through the provision of equity finance for work premiering at the Festival.
- To raise the profile of arts and screen culture in South Australia for audiences and practitioners.
1. To deliver a distinctive festival, unique in the landscape of Australian film festivals, which integrates with the existing calendar of successful SA cultural festivals.
2. To attract complementary arts and cultural events and partnerships to raise the profile of the State and festival and extend opportunities for the local industry.
3. To use the Fund to capitalise on local and national creative strengths in order to:
- boost production in the State
- increase business and employment opportunities in the State
- enhance the State’s national and international reputation as a centre of independent filmmaking
4. To create, market and present a challenging and distinctive screening program, accompanied by a substantial forum program, which profiles and explores key program themes and approaches to screen practice.
5. The festival will be relevant to both the general public and the industry, attracting a broad audience demographic and introducing this audience to innovative areas of screen practice.
6. To reflect current and future trends in the film and screen-based industries.
7. To present a film festival and associated events which consistently meet audience and financial targets.
The Mission and Vision of the Adelaide Film Festival is guided by our Adelaide Film Festival Board