Calling out For Superstar Volunteers to Join the Adelaide Film Festival Volunteer Team of 2022!
About the festival:
Adelaide Film Festival (ADL Film Fest) is a celebration and exploration of Australian and international screen culture with a unique program of screenings, forums and special events. The event has rapidly established itself as one of the boldest and most innovative in the country and has made a name for itself internationally as a platform for exciting new talent in the Australian industry.
The youngest but most dynamic national screen event, Adelaide Film Festival was established in 2003 and was placed in Variety’s list of “50 Unmissable Film Festivals”. It is Australia’s premier film event for launching new films, art and interactive projects to national and international audiences.
If you are looking to join, whether it’s to make new friends, to gain some experience within the events or learn new skills – then this is the place for you!
Please see below what roles we have on offer:
– Access Support Volunteer
– Administration/data entry help
– Bar helpers
– General Volunteer
Skills and attributes we are looking for:
- Customer service
- Worked in events or festivals before
- A positive attitude
- Energetic, willing to work and learn
Specific Role Attributes:
- Administration skills/computer skills/ experience in data entry (Note: these skills are only applicable to volunteers who want to have shifts working in an office and have previous experience working in an office environment)
- We will provide training for those who want to be an Access Support volunteer or General Volunteer.
- If you would like to be an Access Support volunteer and already have training that is a bonus. As an access support volunteer- you will be required to help those who have accessibility needs such as wheeling wheelchairs into buildings and sign language to those who are hearing impaired. Also, you’re not limited just to helping those with accessibility needs, you will also be involved in other roles such as welcoming and greeting patrons, ticket scanning, ushering/front of house, etc.
- General Volunteer- You will be ticket scanning, welcoming and greeting patrons, front of house duties/crowed/ queue management.
- Volunteer Photographer– You must own your own camera and either have some experience in events photography or studying photography.
- Bar helpers- Must hold an RSA- you will help in basic bar duties such as pouring wine into glasses, filling buckets with ice and cleaning up after patrons.
Skills we can train you on:
- Scanning tickets
- Ushering/ Front of House roles/crowd control/queue management
- Welcoming and greeting patrons
- Access Support training
Convinced and want to join? Please sign up here: http://bttr.im/cw47i
Applications close by Friday the 30th of September 2022 at 11:55pm. If you would like to find out more information on volunteering with AFF – contact Clara via email: [email protected]