All submissions open at 9am on Wed 14 Feb 2018 and close at 5pm on Thu 31 May 2018.
Earlybird deadline: Thu 3rd May
Last chance deadline: Thu 31 May
We do not accept late submissions.
All entrants will be notified of the Festival’s programming decisions by email by 5 September 2018.
All figures are in Australian dollars and exclude Film Festival Life fees where applicable.
ADL Film Fest accepts feature films, feature documentary, short and VR works (drama, documentary, hybrid, experimental and animation) made in Australia and internationally. These can be any length or genre. Films under 40 minutes are considered to be short films.
Works must have been completed after July 2016.
We do not accept:
– works that are exclusively educational, scientific or for training or promotion
– music videos
– films that have been exhibited in South Australia, in any form, prior to 22 October 2018. Private cast and crew and graduation screenings are accepted but ADL Film Fest must be notified about these screenings.
– films that have been broadcast on Australian television (cable or free-to-air) prior to 22 October 2018 or have been made available for sale or rent prior to 22 October 2018.
– films that have been broadcast on the internet or available for download in any capacity prior to 22 October 2018. However, films available online via secure password protected sites are eligible.
– Please note: VR films that are available online or have been previously broadcast ARE eligible for submission.
ADL Film Fest reserves the right to program films that fall outside of the eligibility criteria under special circumstances.
All entries must be submitted via FilmFestivalLife.
Entry fees are not refunded if the film is not selected or is ineligible to screen at the festival.
All entrants will be notified of the Festival’s programming decisions by email by 5 September 2018. Please notify ADL Film Fest if you change the contact email address provided when submitting your film.
ADL Film Fest’s selection decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. We do not provide critical analysis or feedback.
If after submitting to ADL Film Fest your film becomes ineligible (screened at another festival, broadcast on television, available online etc), it will be automatically removed from consideration for ADL Film Fest and submission fees will not be refunded.
ADL Film Fest may agree to preview films that are not yet finished during the submission period, but will be finished in time for the festival. The film must be at picture lock stage. Work-in-progress films should only be submitted if ADL Film Fest has agreed to accept them. You must first send details of the status of the film to firstname.lastname@example.org to then have your film approved for submission as a work-in-progress/rough cut.
Festival programmers select and invite all films presented at ADL Film Fest. All entrants will be notified of the Festival’s programming decisions by email by 5 September 2018.
If your film is selected to be screened at ADL Film Fest 2017 then it must be delivered in DCP format, except in the case of VR submissions.
Any other digital formats will be subject to further discussion.
We cannot theatrically screen from DVD or Blu-Ray.
ADL Film Fest will only insure DCPs/tapes of films invited to the festival, for the duration of their stay in Australia and during transit to and from the entrant or to and from a following engagement.
For further information about submissions, please call the Adelaide Film Festival office on (08) 8394 2505, or email us via email@example.com.