1820s Tasmania. A young Irish convict seeks revenge.
Set in 1825, Clare, a young Irish convict woman, chases a British officer through the rugged Tasmanian wilderness, bent on revenge for a terrible act of violence he committed against her family. On the way she enlists the services of an Aboriginal tracker named Billy, who is also marked by trauma from his own violence-filled past.
Festivals: Venice Film Festival
- Cannes (Un Certain Regard): Special Jury Prize
- AFI Awards: Best Film, Best Director, Best Original Screenplay, Best Cinematography, Best Editing and Best Sound
- Film Critics Circle of Australia: Best Film, Best Editing and Best Cinematography
- Cinema des Antipodes: Grand Prize Flanders: Grand Prize
- NSW Premier’s History Award (Audio Visual)
- Queensland Premier’s Literary Award: Best Screenplay
- Academy Awards: Australian official entry to the Best Foreign Language Film
Funding Partners: Principal production investment from Screen Australia in association with Bron Creative. Financed with support from Screen Tasmania and South Australian Film Corporation, Kojo Productions and the Adelaide Film Festival Investment Fund.
International sales: FilmNation
US sales: Endeavor Content
ANZ distribution: Transmission Films