Words from the City is a feature documentary exploring Australian hip hop through intimate and candid observations of some of the nations most potent and compelling artists. Focusing on several diverse characters from around Australia, including the Hilltop Hoods, Downsyde, TZU, Trey and Wire My Cuz, Words from the City explores the social and cultural compulsion of young Australians as they embrace the verbal battle ground to express their personal, political and creative voices. Words from the City follows the daily lives of these artists across one long hot summer, as they cement their positions at the vanguard of Australian hip hop, a movement that’s exploding onto the musical landscape as one of our most powerful and energetic creative forms.
Festivals: Adelaide Film Festival, Sydney Film Festival, REVelation Film Festival, Brisbane Film Festival, Melbourne Film Festival, Calgary Film Festival.
- Nominated: Best Documentary – 2007 AFI Awards
- Nominated: Best Direction in a Documentary – AFI Awards
- Nominated: Best Cinematography in a Documentary – AFI Awards
- Nominated: Best Editing in a Documentary – Paul Williams AFI Awards
- Nominated: Best Sound in a Documentary – Pete Smith & Emma Bortignon AFI Awards