- To present a festival which celebrates and explores contemporary Australian and international screen culture with a unique program of screenings and special events, which aim to increase audience knowledge and participation.
- To increase and stimulate innovative and new screen production through the provision of equity finance for work premiering at the Festival.
- To raise the profile of arts and screen culture in South Australia for audiences and practitioners.
Vision 1: To deliver a distinctive festival, unique in the landscape of Australian film festivals, which integrates with the existing calendar of successful South Australian cultural festivals.
Vision 2: To attract complementary arts and cultural events and partnerships to raise the profile of the State and festival and extend opportunities for the local industry.
Vision 3: To use the Fund to capitalise on local and national creative strengths in order to:
- boost production in the State
- increase business and employment opportunities in the State
- enhance the State’s national and international reputation as a centre of independent filmmaking.
Vision 4: To create, market and present a challenging and distinctive screening program, accompanied by a substantial forum program, which profiles and explores key program themes and approaches to screen practice.
Vision 5: The festival will be relevant to both the general public and the industry, attracting a broad audience demographic and introducing this audience to innovative areas of screen practice.
Vision 6: To reflect current and future trends in the film and screen-based industries.
Vision 7: To present a film festival and associated events which consistently meet audience and financial targets.
The corporation may also carry out other functions conferred on the subsidiary by the Minister.