2013 | Feature Fiction | 110 mins
DIRECTOR: Sophie Hyde
PRODUCERS: Rebecca Summerton, Bryan Mason, Matthew Cormack, Sophie Hyde
SCREENWRITER: Matthew Cormack (Story and Screenplay), Sophie Hyde (Story)
Life in all its messy, dreadful wonderfulness.
Filmed over the course of a year – once a week, every week – only on Tuesdays, 52 Tuesdays explores a modern world in a moving and provocative way, presenting an unknown cast whose subtle changes over a year challenge expectations of time and transformation.
Teenager Billie thinks she knows everything about her mother but is surprised to learn of mum’s plan to transition from woman to man. On top of this there’s also the upsetting parental decision that Billie will live with her dad full time for a year.
Sundance, Berlin, Melbourne Queer, Moscow, Durban
- Best Directing Award (World Cinema Dramatic) – Sundance
- Crystal Bear- Berlin
- Else, The Siegessäule Readers Jury Award – Berlin
- Best Feature Film, Audience Award – Melbourne Queer
- Best Feature Film – SA Screen Awards
- Best Film – Divergenti (Italy)
- Best Original Screenplay – AWGIES
- Special Jury Prize, Feddy Awards, Rio International
- Best Feature Audience Award – Melbourne Queer
- Best First Feature – Inside Out Toronto LGBT
- Audience Award, Strong Eye – Seoul International Youth
- Best Director & Best Screenplay – LesGaiCineMas Madrid
- ASE Best Editing in a Feature Film – International LGBT