Finance and Governance Manager
Adelaide Film Festival (AFF) is an eleven-day celebration and exploration of Australian and international screen culture with a unique program of screenings, forums and special events. The event has rapidly established itself as one of the boldest and most innovative in the country and has made a name for itself internationally as a platform for exciting new talent in the Australian industry. The Film Festival is currently presented biennially in October, often with Pop-Up editions in most alternate years. AFF invests in new screen productions through a dedicated Investment Fund that has helped to enable more than 100 projects.
- Reporting directly to the CEO you will be a pivotal member of the small team that makes AFF a success. You will have responsibility for the day to day accounting including transaction processing, payroll, budgeting and forecasting. Additionally, you will prepare management accounts and detailed Board reports and ensure that the Adelaide Film Festival meets all its legislative and statutory obligations.
- Your commercial acumen will come to the fore as you provide analysis of the financial performance, recommending cost efficiencies and improvements to the financial systems and processes.
- You will be respected for your attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication skills and your ability to meet deadlines and have the experience to make a contribution from day one.
- A degree in finance or accounting or equivalent would be highly regarded as would be any exposure to government accounting processes. However, of greater importance is your experience that will enable you to be accountable for the financial management of the business and the personal skills you will bring.
- You will enjoy a supportive collegiate team, a creative and dynamic workplace that supports flexible work practices and you will be making a major contribution to international screen culture and one of Adelaide’s major festivals.To request a position description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Brief telephone enquiries may be made to Allison Ashby on 0414 731 313 or Sharon Magro on 0408 518 192. Applications should include a covering letter and resume in Word format and may be submitted through www.ashbymagro.com.au. View listing on Seek.Applications prior to COB 1 August 2019 would be appreciated.